Tuesday, November 13, 2012

on my face.

daily makeup routine

daily makeup routine

 
After much trial and error and a heavy dose of experimentation over the past decade or so, I think I have finally settled on a daily routine with makeup.  Like what I clothe myself in, there's a nice mix of inexpensive buys with more expensive products.  Here's a breakdown:

Thanks to a recent Birchbox sample, I found this BB cream.  Man, oh man, have I fallen in love with this stuff.  I like that it contains SPF, has moisturizing qualities, acts as a primer, and provides moderate coverage for my fair skin.  I've also noticed that it acts as a mattifier for the better part of the day, which is great for my super oily skin! 

I should probably be more discriminating with my concealer, but this one tends to do a decent job of covering my under-eye circles and masking blemishes.  I like products that can multitask, but am open to recommendations if anyone has them.

This stuff is dirt cheap and has just about the same pigmentation as most drugstore brands, but it doesn't break me out!  I have fairly sensitive skin, so I have to be careful about blushes.  I used to be a big fan of the Sally Hansen Carmindy line of mineral blushes, but I can't seem to find it anywhere in stores anymore, much to my chagrin.
 
For the longest time, I never truly understood the purpose of eyeshadow primer.  I should've known better, especially since I have oily, hooded eyelids.  It's a no-brainer now: I throw it on and my shadow lasts all.day.long.
 
THIS.  This palette made me a believer in eyeshadow, y'all.  All of the shadows included truly compliment my "warm autumn" coloring, and I have found quite a few combinations with the colors included.  Also, since the pigmentation is quite concentrated, I don't have to use very much to achieve the look I want.  
 
I love the ease with which this goes on, and it is infinitely smudgable.  Those two things should be prerequisites of any good eyeliner.  

This is the only Ulta brand eyeliner I have, but it is the perfect plum color and truly enhances the green in my eyes.
 
When I'm in the mood for a cat eye, I swipe this stuff on.  I've also heard some good things about a few Cover Girl liquid eyeliners, so I might be changing this up soon.
 
First of all, this stuff lives up to the hype of helping to make your lashes longer and stronger.  I've been using it for a year and my lashes have never been this long or thick.  I love the huge brush as it helps to add volume to my lashes.  
 
A classic and the only thing that keeps my lips soft.  Most other balms dry out my lips, but this stuff is just perfect.  I can also use it as a cuticle cream in a jam, too!

I still keep this stuff on hand to throw on at the end of the day if I'm looking a bit shiny.  It's light, goes on without drying the skin, and mattifies things right away.  

Soon, I'd like to do posts on skincare and hair, so keep an eye out for those.  Also: my awesome friend/roommate Jennie will be doing a guest post soon on lipstick and lip stain, and you should all be waiting with bated breath for what she'll share with all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment