Thursday, April 26, 2012

"Everything is a diary."

"Your handwriting. The way you walk. Which china pattern you choose. It’s all giving you away. Everything you do shows your hand. Everything is a self portrait. Everything is a diary."
- Chuck Palahniuk
This sort of thinking seems to me to also extend to how you choose to dress yourself.  Sydney's post yesterday really got me thinking about why and how I clothe my body.  There will always be societal and professional considerations to make, but I strive to mesh those things with what makes me feel like ME.  When people meet me, I don't want for them to merely see the outfit I put together but instead hope that they see some outward expression of my personality.  After all, if it is a self portrait, why not make it as accurate an expression as possible?     

No comments:

Post a Comment