Tuesday, July 3, 2012

devil with a blue dress on?


dress/necklace: Forever 21, shoes: Seychelles via DSW


my normal state of existence.
Summer date night outfits are all about simplicity.  If the fabric even threatens to be cloying and uncomfortable, I leave it on the hanger.  Now that we're in the throes of oppressive heat and humidity, I have to consider several things:

- will it wrinkle immediately in the damp air?
- will it show sweat? (seriously.)
- am I going to want to claw it off my body five minutes after putting it on?

Enter this sheer, flowy thing of beauty.  Its classic cut and periwinkle-like color called out to me from the overstuffed rack.  Once I had it on in the dressing room, I knew it was coming home with me.  It's easy to wear, easy to accessorize, and it doesn't stick to me when I'm outside!  This time around, I went very light on accessories and chose to throw on my favorite vintage-y heels for a sweetly sexy feel.  I can't wait to play around with some edgier accessories with this one.

**Again, all photos taken by the extremely talented Sarah Culver.  Please visit her site!!

No comments:

Post a Comment